2017 ARTISTS’ ALPINE HOLIDAY ART SHOW
ENTRY RULES for Adults and Students
The Artists’ Alpine Holiday Fine Art Show and Sale is open to all artists. We offer two adult categories and two student categories:
- ADULT JURIED CATEGORY: all entries for the juried show must be submitted on-line at www.ourayarts.org These entries are eligible for awards.
- ADULT NON-JURIED CATEGORY: second adult category for emerging artists, or those not wishing to register using a computer. Artists who enter this category must use the Adult Mail in Registration Form. All work in this category will be exhibited in the San Juan Gallery. Two entries are permitted.
- STUDENT CATEGORIES: all student artists 13-18 years old, and a second category for students ages 12 and under. All students must use the mail in Student Entry Form. Two entries are permitted.
- Entries to all categories must be original work, NOT SHOWN PREVIOUSLY at an Artists’ Alpine Holiday Show. All artwork must be original in concept and not copied from any copyright protected photos or artwork. No artwork created during an instructor-guided workshop will be accepted.
- All artwork must be for sale. OCAA retains a 30% commission on all sales.
- The following media will be accepted: Watercolor (WC), Drawing-Print Making (D/P), Oil/Acrylic (O/A), Pastel (PA), Mixed Media (MM), Sculpture (SC), and Photography(PH). If any category does not receive a minimum number of entries, those entries may be combined with another category for jurying.
- Framed entries may not exceed 9 square feet including the frame. All entries must be securely framed and equipped with wire for hanging. No picture hooks or teeth hangers are allowed.
- No crafts, stained glass, jewelry, or reproduction prints will be accepted. Sculpture must be non-functional and 3-D.
- Instructions for shipping artwork will be sent with acceptance notices to juried artists.
- Hand delivered art work must be checked in at the Ouray Community Center, 320 6th Ave, Ouray, CO 81427, Sunday, July 23rd between 11 AM and 4 PM, or Monday, July 25th, between 9 AM and 12 Noon.
- No entry may be removed from the show before the end of the exhibit.
- Unsold artwork must be picked up at the Ouray Community Center, 320 6th Ave. Ouray, on Sunday, August 6th between 12 and 3 PM. Unsold, shipped artwork will be return shipped the week of August 6th, and artists will be notified of shipping date by email.
Questions or problems registering? Call: Judy 970-626-5513