Click here to print entry rules: 2018 ENTRY RULES-ADULT-AAH.docx
2018 ARTISTS’ ALPINE HOLIDAY ART SHOW
Adults and Students
- The Artists’ Alpine Holiday Fine Art Show and Sale is open to all artists.
- ADULT CATEGORY all entries for the juried show must be submitted on-line at ourayarts.org These entries are eligible for awards.
- STUDENT CATEGORY for all student artists 18 and under. Please register using the Mail in Form.
- Entries to all categories must be original work, NOT SHOWN PREVIOUSLY at an Artists’ Alpine Holiday Show. All artwork must be original in concept and not copied from any copyright protected photos or artwork. No artwork created during an instructor-guided workshop will be accepted.
- All artwork must be for sale. OCAA retains a 30% commission on all sales. Include this when pricing your work.
- The following media will be accepted: Watercolor (WC), Drawing-Print Making (D/P), Oil/Acrylic (O/A), Pastel (PA), Mixed Media (MM), Sculpture (SC), and Photography(PH). If any category does not receive a minimum number of entries, those entries may be combined with another category for jurying.
- Framed entries may not exceed 9 square feet (including the frame). All entries must be completely prepared for hanging with wire. No picture hooks or teeth hangars are allowed. (To calc. sq. ft.: L x W divide by 144)
- No crafts, stained glass, jewelry, or reproduction prints will be accepted. Sculpture must be non-functional and 3-D.
- Shipped artwork MUST be sent in an AIRFLOAT lined strongbox from airfloatsys.com or a similar foam lined box such as Uline www.uline.com. Any artwork shipped in loose materials, such as packing peanuts will not be unpacked or hung in the show. All unsold art will be returned in the same box with your pre-paid UPS label. (Include a $10 handling fee for shipped artwork, payable at check-out to OCAA)
Mark your carton and ship by UPS or FED EX to:
c/o Sandy Kern
530 5th Avenue
OURAY CO 81427.
SHIPPED WORK MUST BE RECEIVED BY WEDNESDAY, JULY 18th.
Any artwork damaged during shipping will be returned to sender.
- Hand delivered art work must be checked in at the Ouray Community Center, 320 6th Ave, Ouray, CO 81427, Sunday, July 22rd between 11 AM until 4 PM or Monday, July 23th, 9 AM – 12 Noon.
- No entry may be removed from the show before the end of the exhibit.
- Unsold artwork must be picked up at the Ouray Community Center 320 6th Ouray, on Sunday, August 5 between 11 AM and 2 PM.
- Unsold, shipped artwork will be return shipped the week of August 6th, and artists will be notified of shipping date by email.
Before Registering online for the Artists’ Alpine Holiday, consider the following:
- Are you a member of OCAA or a non-member?
- OCAA members with dues current $25.00 (one or two entries)
- Members add $5.00 for a third entry. (note: only two entries will be selected to show in the Main Gallery)
- Non-members $35.00 (one or two entries) and $5.00 fee for the optional third entry. (note: only two entries will be selected to show in the Main Gallery)
- Please have your image files ready to attach to the form according to these specifications:
- File Format: JPEG/JPG, highest quality, 1200 pixels longest side. Photos exceeding 1200 pixels will not be accepted. File size not to exceed 3MB. If you do not have photo editing software on your computer, a suggested link is: picresize.com
- Label your files:
1_Last name_first name_title
2_Last name_first name_title
3_Last name_first name_title
(Example: 1 _Galt_John_Great Painting)
- OCAA will not be responsible for errors made by the artist in filling out the Entry Form for the show. This includes misspellings and incorrect pricing. All efforts will be made to correct mistakes brought to the attention of OCAA by the artist prior to the show. Accepted entries must match the digital images originally submitted or they will be disqualified.
- Artists entering have the option of showing their juried-out art work in the adjoining San Juan Gallery. You will be able to select or reject this option on the registration form.
- Remember to indicate if you will be shipping ($10.00 additional fee) or hand-delivering your artwork on the entry form.
- OCAA uses STRIPE, a secure online payment system which accepts major credit cards. If you are entering the JURIED SHOW ONLINE, but you do not wish to pay online, you have the option of mailing a check. Entry is not considered complete, however, until payment is received.